I know it has been a while! i have done alot since the last post as well! it truly has been the best summer of my life! I really needed it to help me figure out what it is that I want to do, I have been working on my application to Utah State, I love it there and other then BYU it is my top choice i have always wanted to go there, so we will see what happens as to whether or not I get in, if not then I guess i really will try to go to byu-i (YUCK) I have had a lot weigh on my mind lately and as I ponder things and study it out and pray about them I am not sure I know how to get an answer anymore, as we are taught we will have a burning in our boosom and feel good about it and if it not be right then we will have a stupor of thought! well when does it come? I thought I felt good about something like really good and worked hard for, and felt worthy of an answer and i felt good about it but then it turned out to be the exact opposite! and now I completely avoid it, i guess i just don't understand how we are supposed to make such important decisions in our lives if it doesn't matter that much! when i was about to come home from my mission I was writing my dad about school and trucks, and jobs and he told me that the lord does not have a set plan for us but that he will help us in our decisions for instance it does not matter where we go to school as long as we obtain a good education, and of course he had to bring in girls in the convo saying that it does not matter which of his daughters we marry as long as we do it, except in rare cases! well how do u know if a decision is right? u feel good right? there was no stupor of thought, so doesn't that mean i have my answer? Remember how I posted that I felt like I was bowling and set up all my pins only to have someone come and knock them all down? I am so tired of other bowlers! I WANT MY TURN! haha

Comments

Anonymous said…
KJ, you crack me up... I think it's your turn, too! ;) In my experience, sometimes when I make the right decision there is no burning knowledge that I am doing the right thing, but just a quiet calm and sometimes it's hard to recognize that I already have my answer! But when something isn't the right decision for me, I always have a nervous uncomfortable feeling that doesn't go away until I realize that I'm about to make a mistake. I think your dad is right, and I know that Heavenly Father is on your side. Don't worry, you're a great person and you'll be blessed in life for the good decisions that you've made. Have fun working in harvest, I know we won't be seeing you for a while! :)
Jan said…
KJ, sometimes we have those times so that we can learn something from it! It is the right decision if you learn the lesson you are suppose to learn! Your turn will come, you just need to keep looking for what you need and sometimes we have to remeber everything is in the lords time not ours! I don't know how much that helps but, keep your chin up and all will be good!
Lisa said…
Tired of bowling, huh? That made me laugh. I remember feeling that way...well a little different because you are a guy....butsame concept. Just don't give up! Answers eventually come, usually when we are not seeking them.

Popular posts from this blog